Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chocolate Truffle Tartlets [TWD]


On our second date with "Baking with Julia" (Tusdays with Dorie) we were making Chocolate Truffle Tartlets. They are a perfect Valentine's Day dessert. The chocolate pastry shell contains a baked chocolate filling made with egg yolks. The additon of white and milk chocolate pieces and amaretti cookies gave an interesting texture with a little crunch. I could imagine to also add some kind of soft caramel pieces the next time.

I made the full recipe for the tart dough and half of the filling. I managed to get six 3-inch tartlets with that and a little bit leftover pastry dough to freeze for later use.

They were not a as sweet as a chocolate ganache tartlet, but still very rich. To offset the sweetness I served it with vanilla bean ice-cream, which was a great combination.


This weeks baking adventure was hosted by Steph of A Whisk and a Spoon, Spike of spike.does.stuff, Jaime of Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats and Jessica of Cookbookhabit. Please check out their blog posts, where you can also find the delicious recipe.


Enjoy and Guten Appetit!




11 comments:

Emese said...

Beautiful photos. I would definitely vote for the ice cream version.

Russell at Chasing Delicious said...

Gorgeous tarts!

mittlillabollplank said...

Nominom! Looks delicious :)

Jen said...

Amazing photography, your tarts look great :)

Peggy the Baker said...

Wow! Those photos could go straight into a cookbook! I'm usually in such a hurry--either to serve the dessert or to eat it myself--that I just take a quick snapshot. I think I'll have to slow down!

Cher Rockwell said...

Lovely photos - and ice cream was just what these needed!

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Beautiful photography! Love the plates.

~ Carmen
http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com

ovenchaos said...

Great looking tartlets! What size pans did you use to make them? I love the blue and brown combo on the pictures!

berry lovely said...

@ovenchaos: I used 3-inch (80mm) tartlet rings and got six tartlets with half of the recipe for the filling. I made the whole recipe for the pastry though and froze the leftover.

pinkstripes said...

Your tarts are gorgeous! Well done.

lauren said...

Wow what great photos - I hope to have the skill for that soon. We'll be getting lots of practice with TWD!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...