Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rugelach [TWD]


This week of Tuesdays with Dorie/ Baking with Julia we made Rugelach. If you haven't heard of it before, rugelach is a jewish pastry usually crescent-shaped. It is made with a cream cheese dough and filled with different kinds of fruit preserves, dried fruit and nuts, sometimes also with chocolate.


I have eaten rugelach before at a jewish pastry store, but this recipe was even more delicious. I made the traditional crescent-shape and filled them with plum-butter, cinnamon-sugar, almonds, macadamia nuts and dried cranberries. I honestly just looked in my pantry and combined what I had and thought would be good together. They tasted best the first day, the dough was very flaky almost like puff pastry, but were still good two days later.


This week is hosted by Margaret of The Urban Hiker and Jessica of My Baking Heart. Please check out their pages, where you can also find the recipe of the rugelach.


Enjoy and Guten Appetit!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...