Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lemon Loaf Cake [TWD]


I didn't participate in the last two "Tuesdays with Dorie" recipes, because the Irish Soda bread just didn't appeal to me and the Pizza Rustica sounded good, but it's a savory dish and I want to keep this blog sweet. I am sure I will bake it some day. So, I was more than happy when I saw this weeks recipe, as I really like to bake with lemon.


The Lemon Loaf Cake was really good, had a great lemon taste and was moist for several days. I also added some lemon juice to the recipe, since the recipe only asked for the zest. I read later that the lemon juice would prevent the cake from rising, but I had no problems.


You can find the recipe on the websites of our weekly hosts, which are Truc of Treatsand Michelle of The Beauty of Life.

On a side-note Jen of "The Caffeinated Kitchen" rewarded me with the "Liebster Blog Award". I am very happy for that and am sending a big thank you to Jen. She also bakes along with "Tuesdays with Dorie", and you should check out her beautiful lemon cake.


The conditions for the acceptance of this award are as follows:
  1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
  2. Post the award to your blog.
  3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value. (It's a great way to get the word out there about other blogs!)
  4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have received this award.

I am gonna pass the award on to five fellow TWD bakers, which all made beautiful lemon loafs today:
  1. Peggy the Baker
  2. Cher Rockwell
  3. Soup Addict
  4. Oven Chaos
  5. My Culinary Mission
Please have a look at their blogs and give them some nice comments for their good work.


Enjoy and Guten Appetit!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...